Skip to main content

FAQs: What are Course Reserve items? Where do find them? How do I use them?

Course Reserves: what are course reserves and where can I find them?

Instructors can place books or other materials on reserve for their students to use in the library, or create a reading list of online materials. 

Where do I go to use an item on course reserve?
Course reserves are held in the Visual and Performing Arts Library (VPAL) on the second floor of Cravens Library. See the VPAL web page for more information. Electronic reserves are available in Blackboard, or in the One-Search Library Catalog. 

I am an instructor—how do I place an item on Course Reserve for my students?
Professors may use this Reserve Request Form to place materials on reserve. See the VPAL web page for more information.

Where can I find out if an item is on Course Reserve?
Course Reserve items can be identified using the One-Search Library Catalog. Click on Advanced Search, then select Course Reserves. You can search by title, course number, or instructor name: